This selection consists of 6 bottles in total: 1 each of the following six wines:
• 4 Northern California wines bottled this Fall; and
• 2 Northern California wines bottled in May of 2021 and added to this selection as a treat.
The four wines bottled this Fall represent the first Northern California wines that we have made since the onset of the pandemic. The first three of these were made by me and my team in Los Angeles, at the end of the 20121 harvest, after we had made our desert wines; the last is a collaboration between me and Lisa Tenbrink, who now runs the Tenbrink winery in Suisun Valley, where we made twelve vintages of Scholium wines:
• 2021 Guman Vineyard The Sylphs: a very delicate Chardonnay from old vines in the heart of Napa
• 2021 Phelan Farm Les Coteaux: a cofermentation of Chardonnay and Pinot Noir from Raj Parr's isolated, cold-climate vineyard in Cambria
• 2021 Stolo Vineyards Hillside Nebbia: a light but very intense Syrah, also from Cambria
• 2019 Tenbrink Vineyards The House of Asterion: a very dark, visceral, wine; nearly like an Amarone. It represents a kind of shocking bridge between our Northern and Southern California work: the blend contains about 5% very sharp red wine from the Pirate vineyard in the Cucmamonga valley, ripped up in 2021.
In addition to these 4 utterly new wines, I am offering 2 stars from the Lost Wines release:
• The 2019 Farina Vineyards Prince in his Caves-- perhaps the best Prince we have ever made
• The 2019 Farina Vineyards La Severita di Bruto-- a beautiful and intense, Dagueneau-like Sauvignon Blanc
We will begin shipping these wines on September 23-- heat willing.
The total retail value of these wines is $286, so I am offering this selection at a 16% discount.